Photos with rounded corners
It's very easy to add rounded corner edges to a photo. For Fireworks MX 2004 you can download this movie (photo with rounded corners) It's about 26mg.
1. Open any photograph.
2. Select the Rounded Rectangle tool and in the Property inspector
set the roundness to 30 (or whatevever you'd like). Draw a rectangle
over your image.
3. Click in the Fill color box and choose None (the red slash) or
the Fill category drop-down and choose none.
4. You can use a stroke or no stroke. I have a stroke in this example
so you can see it.
Notice in the Layers panel that you have a bitmap image and now
the vector rectangle.
5. Use the Pointer tool to select the bitmap image. Notice the
red outline also notice the highlighted name in the Layers panel.
These both indicate the image is selected.
6. Now choose Edit|Cut. The photo isn't visible at the moment.
7. Now use the Pointer tool to select the rectangle. Notice that
only Rectangle is showing in the Layers panel and its selected.
8. Choose Edit|Paste Inside. Notice that the image is now inside
the rectangle. Also note the little red cloverleaf symbol. You can
press your mouse button and drag to re-position the image.
9. To remove the border, choose Edit|Undo Paste, select None for
the stroke (the red slash)
10. You can also change the stroke in any way you'd like. For instance
to change the stroke choose Edit|Undo. Click the stroke color box
and choose a color that is similar to your image. For this one I
choose a dark green. Change the Stroke Category and Size. For the
sample here I used a size of 20 and a Basic Air Brush Stroke.
Are you beginning to see the limitless possibilites?
If you'd like to write the email is:Joyce@JoyceJEvans.com